YOUR CORPORATE FINANCIAL ADVISOR
Providing Independent Guidance on Valuation & Cross-border M&A since 2009
Capital Raising, Financing, and Restructuring
Equipped with extensive insights and a large network in the global financing industry, Armor arranges different financing deals, including:
- Equity financing
- Debt financing
Raising capital through equity can be an appealing solution to finance the growth of your business and allow you to benefit from the experience of new investors. However, the process can be demanding and company value can be lost due to poor advice.
Our team provides early stage (up to series C) fundraising services to start-ups and mid-size companies, suited to their needs. Armor Capital has a strong network of Venture Capital and Private Equity firms and often takes part in equity financing by becoming an investor in your company.
Our capabilities for series A, B, and C fundraising rounds:
- Assessing the funding requirements
- Defining the fundraising strategy with your team
- Identifying potential investors
- Negotiating terms between new and existing investors
- Performing business valuation
As an independent advisor, we are incentivized to negotiate the most attractive financing terms for our clients. We act as an intermediary between our clients and the market, including banks and other financial institutions, to obtain financing for different general corporate purposes, as well as working capital, capital expenditures, and supply chain and trade financing solutions.
Armor Capital is experienced in complex financing solutions across a range of sectors and debt instruments. Our team provides its clients with independent advice on the most suitable and competitive ways to secure capital.
- Assessing the company’s financials to estimate the capability of raising debt
- Providing debt structuring advice (balloon loans, instalment loans, bridge loans, letter of credit, etc.)
- Identifying different banks within our wide network of financial institutions
- Preparing the bank loan application including multiple supporting documents
- Negotiating with a number of institutions to obtain optimal terms and conditions in the market
- Actively supporting our clients throughout the whole process to ensure a smooth closing of the deal
Restructuring and refinancing:
We assist, analyze, and plan solutions such that companies can fulfill their obligations to prevent liquidation scenarios and to maximize the recoverable portion of their debt. We work on both the asset and liability side of restructuring to offer an exhaustive panel of options.
- Assessing the asset structure and advise through a smooth transition
- Non-core asset divestiture
- Cost restructuring of existing activities
- Capital expenditures restructuring
- Sale of business entities
- Assessing the liabilities structure and propose value-adding solutions
- Debt refinancing
- Interest repayment negotiation
- Debt write-off
- Debt equity swap
- Convertible notes
Mergers & Acquisitions
Armor Capital provides insightful advice to business owners and c-suite executives during sell-side or buy-side transactions and closely supports them through each stage of the process. Our goal is to identify risks and opportunities early on to provide our clients with a comprehensive understanding of the different objectives and milestones.
Armor Capital assists its clients in completing mid-market acquisitions in order to achieve their strategic objectives through inorganic growth.
- Outlining the acquisition strategy and timeline
- Screening, identifying, and approaching potential targets
- Further researching and analyzing short-listed targets
- Assessing target company valuation using income and market approaches
- Actively providing support and advice during negotiations with target companies
- Coordinating the due diligence by third parties
- Hands-on management during the final closing
Armor Capital has a solid track record in advising clients who wish to exit their businesses. Our goal is to enhance value for our clients by conducting a structured sales process to maximize the number of interested parties and optimize the timing of the transaction.
- Defining and planning the sale process
- Drafting high-quality marketing materials (teaser, information memorandum, etc.)
- Business valuation
- Approaching potential acquirers
- Setting up and managing a secured data room
- Managing the bidding auction
- Actively supporting our clients in the final round of negotiations and closing
Advisory & Valuation
Recently, Armor Capital has realized the following services:
- Project finance advisory (infrastructure finance)
- Third-party valuation report
- Business modeling
- Performance review
- Restructuring and divestment
- Business improvement and development
- Post-merger integration
- Stock option plan
- Shareholder deadlock resolution
- Exit/entry of a new shareholder(s)
- Strategic consulting and market research
Armor Capital can assist with your corporate, tax and accounting, and human resources (HR) needs to help you with compliance and governance in all jurisdictions. Our corporate services include:
- Company secretarial services
- Accounting, audit, and book keeping
- Company set-up and domiciliation services
- Tax and CFO advisory
- Tax filing and reporting
- Human resources (HR) compliance
- Payroll and pension
- Compensation scheme
- Employee tax return filing
To learn more about our approach & methodology for your advisory needs, scroll down the page to complete the contact form and we will get in touch with you.
Guillaume Caillet is responsible for the overall management and operations of Armor Capital. He brings 20 years of experience in entrepreneurship and corporate finance in the United States, Europe and Asia. Prior to founding Armor Capital, Guillaume led the North American & Asian divisions of Natixis Pramex International, growing the firm to a team of 25 consultants and advised over 300 companies. In 1998, he founded a New York based hi-tech startup that sold products to Fortune 500 companies including IBM. Guillaume holds an Executive MBA from Columbia Business School, London Business School and Hong Kong University with a focus on Entrepreneurship. He is fluent in English and French.
Based in Astana, Jean has accumulated 25 years working experience in Kazakhstan. Prior to joining Armor Capital, he was the former General Manager of Thales Kazakhstan Engineering. Specialized in General Management in Central Asia, he is in charge of providing Business Development & Strategy services. Jean holds a BA in Marketing from the Institut de Preparation à la Gestion and a Master of Management & Economy from Pantheon-Sorbonne University. He is fluent in French, English and Russian.
A graduate from Mines and HEC Paris, Alain was a Former CEO of several companies in the heavy industry sector with over 25 years of experience. His expertise is in advising and negotiating in the industrial sector for company takeovers or new technologies development. Based in Morocco, Alain is fluent in English and French.
Based in Shanghai, Clement has advised many Chinese investors in seeking targets in EU countries and Chinese companies in attracting strategic partners or investors from abroad. He held various senior management positions in s global companies in China, such as Cameron (US O&G drilling package supplier), TTS (Norwegian O&G) and Lloyd’s Register. Clement is a Doctor of Business Administration candidate at the University of Manchester. He holds an MBA and BSc. in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering. He is fluent in Mandarin and English.
Senior Independent Advisor
Based in Singapore and Mumbai, Mohan Anem joined Armor Capital. He has over 20 years of cross-functional experience in finance as a dealmaker and investment advisor. In 2014, he served as Manager of Corporate Finance, Investments and Treasury, for a 2-billion UK/Swiss-based transport company. He also founded investment banking boutique Mainmast Capital and outsourcing company Savytree Offshoring. His qualifications include an MBA from the London Business School, and an MSc in Shipping, Trade and Finance from Cass Business School. He is fluent in English, Hindi and Telugu.
Based in Shenzhen, Shawn (CPA, CIMA) specializes in industry research, deal sourcing/execution and financial analysis. Prior to Armor Capital, he worked for a US private equity fund, a Hong Kong conglomerate, and KPMG. He holds an MBA (with Excellence Scholarship) from Chinese University of Hong Kong and a Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University. Shawn is a native Mandarin and Cantonese speaker with fluent command of English.
Based in Hong Kong, William is a final-year student of BBA in Professional Accountancy and Business Analytics from CUHK with distinctive leadership achievement manifested in various case competitions and organizational bodies. Prior to joining Armor Capital, he has several working experiences in Hedge Fund, Venture Capital and Consulting, in which he developed industry research, deal sourcing/execution, financial valuation, business analysis and corporate advisory skillsets. William benefits extensively from Chinese market exposure under previous Alibaba’s employment and is fluent in Cantonese, English, Mandarin and Spanish.
Michael Ma has over 25 years of experience as an accountant, company secretary and taxation adviser. Prior to working with Armor Capital, he served as financial controller and later business development director during a seven-year tenure at an international maker of medical devices focusing on interventional cardiology. He also held the position of chief accountant for a decade at a corporate finance and asset management company licensed under the Securities and Futures Ordinance in Hong Kong. Michael is a business graduate of the University of South Australia, a member of Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants as well as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, and a Certified Tax Adviser recognized by the Taxation Institute of Hong Kong.
“Armor Capital was the ideal choice for Morgan Philips Group to conduct a business valuation for various target companies. ...Through their deep valuation expertise and high-quality reporting standards, Armor exceeded our expectations during each project. We could not be more satisfied with the outcome.”
Mr. François Sallembien
CFO, Morgan Philips
“...We have been highly satisfied to collaborate with Armor Capital during our regional restructuration. Guillaume Caillet and his team can understand different market environments and provide the best advices in term of business optimization, with right insights and creative options. Collaborating with Armor is definitely the right choice”.